Using gerrit or github for review?

Alexey Brodkin Alexey.Brodkin at synopsys.com
Mon Jul 13 20:54:01 CEST 2020

Hi Simon,

From my experience Gerrit's code-review interface is much less
human-friendly as compared to GitHub. Also GitHub has "Issues" which
are nicely integrated with "Pull-requests".

One good example you may look at is Zephyr RTOS, see
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/. They do use GitHub features
quite extensively.

But given U-Boot git repos are already hosted in GitLab instance why not
consider it instead of either GitHub or Gerrit? Review and issues are already
there as well as some other fancy features. Or I'm missing the main point of
the question?

-Alexey