Using gerrit or github for review?

Heinrich Schuchardt xypron.glpk at gmx.de
Mon Jul 13 21:36:15 CEST 2020

On 13.07.20 20:25, Simon Glass wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At present U-Boot uses the mailing list for patch review. What do

Currently we are using Patchwork to keep track of the review process:

https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/list/

> people think about trying out geritt or github for this? I'd be
> willing to do a trial with the -dm mailing list.
>
> My idea is that patman would email out the patches and also upload
> them to one of these systems. With geritt, emails are sent every time
> there is a review, but for github I'm not sure.

Do we need an new tool? Managing reviews it supported by Gitlab.

There is no need for patman in a process with any of the mentioned
tools. Gitlab, Gerrit, and Github send out mails to reviewers.

The work flow with Gitlab and Gerrit that I have seen relied on a role
concept where only specific users of the system are reviewers. - Our
current process allows anybody to review. This is what I would like to keep.

Simon, could you, please, explain why you want to change the current
process.

Best regards

Heinrich