Using gerrit or github for review?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jul 13 22:07:18 CEST 2020

Dear Simon,

In message <CAPnjgZ1e-MrqOqZkCF9=myotJvTJ7LwYDrWtbr0dJgyuYoXg3A at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> At present U-Boot uses the mailing list for patch review. What do
> people think about trying out geritt or github for this? I'd be
> willing to do a trial with the -dm mailing list.

Speaking just for me, I never was able to make friends with either
of these.  Good old mailing list is still my preference.

> My idea is that patman would email out the patches and also upload
> them to one of these systems. With geritt, emails are sent every time
> there is a review, but for github I'm not sure.

Also, given that the U-Boot repositories are hosted on a gitlab
server, would it not be much more natural to look for gitlab
features to use?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I usually tell my classes "if you are using @ and [] together in this
class, you will almost certainly NOT get what you want. That's  going
down  the wrong tunnel. There's no cheese at the end of that tunnel."
         -- Randal L. Schwartz in <8czptuomey.fsf at gadget.cscaper.com>