Using gerrit or github for review?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jul 13 22:12:32 CEST 2020

Dear Simon,

In message <CAPnjgZ2OnxotZ3gGErO0KfFJVA6_jSY6xO_Kg63Ts86qTw4KBg at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I have used various tools and I'm wondering whether having another
> option might have some benefits in terms of productivity, automation
> and accessibility. Just as one example, if people pushed patches to
> github / gitlab then we could 1) check out the branch and try it, 2)
> have test automation attached, 3) use a UI for review.

As for automation, you know that Heiko has been using tbot for years
for automatic patch series download from patchwork, checking and
testing (checkpatch, build, install, boot)?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Far back in the mists of ancient time, in the great and glorious days
of the former Galactic Empire, life was wild, rich  and  largely  tax
free.         - Douglas Adams, _The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy_