[RFC] dfu: remove UPDATE_TFTP

Michal Simek michal.simek at xilinx.com
Wed Jul 15 16:06:41 CEST 2020

On 15. 07. 20 15:23, Lukasz Majewski wrote:
> Hi Heinrich,

> doc/README.dfutftp already describes the necessary steps as:
>
> * enable CONFIG_DFU_TFTP
> * enable CONFIG_PREBOOT
> * put a string like "dfu tftp 0 mmc 0" into the "preboot" env variable
>
> Do you want me to explicitly write that "dfu tftp 0 mtd 0" replaces
> the former auto-update functionality?

I am curious if that command is really dfu tftp 0 mtd 0.

I have just tested it on zynqmp with copying images to ram and command
is just dfu tftp ram 0.
It means I think it would be worth to list options which are really used
by different back ends because it is not fully clear from help how to
exactly define it.

  - device firmware upgrade via TFTP
    on device <dev>, attached to interface
    <interface>
    [<addr>] - address where FIT image has been stored

Thanks,
Michal