[RFC] dfu: remove UPDATE_TFTP

Heinrich Schuchardt xypron.glpk at gmx.de
Wed Jul 15 16:42:20 CEST 2020

On 15.07.20 16:06, Michal Simek wrote:

> On 15. 07. 20 15:23, Lukasz Majewski wrote:
>> Hi Heinrich,

>> doc/README.dfutftp already describes the necessary steps as:
>>
>> * enable CONFIG_DFU_TFTP * enable CONFIG_PREBOOT * put a string
>> like "dfu tftp 0 mmc 0" into the "preboot" env variable
>>
>> Do you want me to explicitly write that "dfu tftp 0 mtd 0"
>> replaces the former auto-update functionality?
>
> I am curious if that command is really dfu tftp 0 mtd 0.

Lukasz was asking about the replacement of the update that was
executed when running with CONFIG_UPDATE_TFTP=y. This function that I
am removing could only write to NOR flash. The update defined via
CONFIG_PREBOOT is much more flexible and can server other storage media.

The different accessible devices are described in doc/README.dfu.
"ram" is one of them.

Best regards

Heinrich