USB patch for rpi4

Stuart Yoder b08248 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 00:34:12 CEST 2020

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 4:11 PM Stuart Yoder <b08248 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Sylwester,
>
> I am trying to test v4 of your patch series for USB support on rpi4:
> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/list/?series=179078
>
> I am building u-boot 64-bit.  Testing on a rpi4 B 1.2 board.  But, USB is
> not working for me and wanted to see if you had any ideas.  Are there
> other dependencies other than just applying your patch series?
>
> I've pasted the u-boot console output below.
>
> From what I can tell this board does not need the VL805 firmware
> difference.
>
> Thanks,
> Stuart

> U-Boot 2020.07-rc1-00009-geca0ff12a6 (Jun 10 2020 - 16:02:20 -0500)
>
> DRAM:  3.9 GiB
> RPI 4 Model B (0xc03112)
> MMC:   emmc2 at 7e340000: 0, mmcnr at 7e300000: 1
>
> In:    serial
> Out:   vidconsole
> Err:   vidconsole
> Net:   eth0: genet at 7d580000
> starting USB...
> No working controllers found
> Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0

So, in inserting some printfs I can see that the pcie_brcmstb PCI driver is not
getting probed at all.  So, thinking it must have something to do with the
device tree U-boot is consuming and not finding that device.  I'm not that
familiar with the u-boot driver model yet so any hints or tips appreciated.

Thanks,
Stuart