EFI Payload problems, Congatec x86

Kim Bøndergaard Kim.Bondergaard at prevas.dk
Tue Mar 10 11:28:31 CET 2020

I'm currently trying to boot a Congatec x86 eval board from a USB Mass Storage.

I have a config based on efi-x86_payload64_defconfig with the following changes:

27a28
> CONFIG_ENV_OFFSET=0x0
493c494
< CONFIG_ENV_IS_NOWHERE=y
---
> # CONFIG_ENV_IS_NOWHERE is not set
498c499
< # CONFIG_ENV_IS_IN_MMC is not set
---
> CONFIG_ENV_IS_IN_MMC=y
502a504,505
> CONFIG_SYS_REDUNDAND_ENVIRONMENT=y
> CONFIG_ENV_OFFSET_REDUND=0x10000
1141c1144
< # CONFIG_FAT_WRITE is not set
---
> CONFIG_FAT_WRITE=y

I.e. I define the u-boot environment to be stored in an MMC flash

In order to make it compile I had to add the following two lines to efi-x86_payload.h

+
+#define CONFIG_SYS_MMC_ENV_DEV          0
+#define CONFIG_SYS_MMC_ENV_PART         0
+

I further more have had to make two changes in lib/efi/efi_stub.c:

First change:
Commented out call to  exit_boot_services(). It never returns.

Second change:
Commented out the line where use_uart is set to true - and thus keep showing output at the screen.

I guess the defines I have to add to efi-x86_payload.h is just a missing 'port' to Kconfig support.
Any plans for support of EFI environment access?

Any one having ideas about serial connections on the congatec boards?

Any one having knowledge about exit_boot_services() hanging?

Kim Bøndergaard
Prevas A/S
Team Manager / Systems Architect

Hedeager 3, DK-8200 Aarhus N