SPI driver for Raspberry Pi 4 (BMC2835)

J. Holland joh.ho at gmx.de
Wed Mar 25 09:08:25 CET 2020

Hi,

does anyone know, if there is a SPI driver for Raspberry Pi 4 in U-Boot?

I want to communicate with a TPM 2.0 via hardware SPI. So far I've compiled
mainline U-Boot with TPM driver support. However, the SPI driver seems to be
missing.

The linux kernel ships the driver (drivers/spi/spi-bcm2835.c). Does
anyone know
if there is there a port for U-Boot or if anyone is currently working on it?

In theory, I should be able to use the soft SPI driver (since there is a
GPIO
driver), but I'd very much prefer using the hardware SPI controller.

Many thanks!

Best,
Johannes