Boot Over Ehternet- Linux Server to Raspberry Pis- Using U-boot

Ahsan Zia (TAU) ahsan.zia at tuni.fi
Tue Sep 1 14:49:13 CEST 2020

Hi All,

I need some ideas regarding Boot Over Ehternet. I have been following the u boot document as well.

I am attempting BoE from a Linux Server to a cluster of Raspberry Pis.

i.e we have a Ubuntu (linux) Server with Raspbian image, the desired result is to somehow ''Mount'' the image, so that the Cluster of RPis can be booted-up using Ethernet? The image can be booted-up automatically when a new RPI is introduced into the system?

The RPIs are Power over Ethernet, PoE hats and have Raspbian lite pre-installed. The image can be booted-up automatically when a new RPI is introduced into the system?

Please post some ideas.

Best Regards,
Ahsan Zia
Project Researcher,
Computing Sciences, Information Technology and Communication Sciences,
Tampere University.