Missing BMP 565RGB video support

Trommel, Kees (Contractor) kees.trommel.contractor at draeger.com
Wed Sep 2 10:29:43 CEST 2020

Anatolij,

> Did you define CONFIG_BMP_24BPP in your board config file?

Yes. Without this define the command "bmp display <addr>" does not do anything if the given BMP is a 24BPP BMP. With this define the a 24 BPP BMP I displayed but with wrong colors because the framebuffer of my (i.MX6) board expects 56RGB encoded colors.

The issue is that the video_priv struct  does not have sufficient information to describe all the properties of the associated framebuffer. Current it only knows the BPP (defined by the field bpix) but not the required encoding. This could be fixe to the video_fb.h "gdfIndex" rather than the video.h "bpix" in the video_priv struct.

Kees.