incompatible device trees between u-boot and linux

Michael Walle michael at walle.cc
Wed Aug 25 16:30:28 CEST 2021

Am 2021-08-25 16:18, schrieb Vladimir Oltean:
> Curious that Michael mentions Ethernet and DSA on LS1028A.

[..]

> I mean, they look pretty similar to me? The biggest difference is that
> the ENETC ECAM is under the /soc node in Linux, but under / in U-Boot,
> as well as some BAR memory areas that are not marked as prefetchable or
> non-prefetchable in the U-Boot device tree. But excuse me, that isn't
> an
> Ethernet/DSA problem, is it?

Mh, you're right. I had something in mind you've mentioned during the
initial DSA patches for u-boot. I must have remembered incorrectly.

My intention was to have a clear message if the u-boot device tree
should be following the linux one before I'm digging deeper into what
is different between these two and try to sync both.

-michael