MX6sabresd broken since v2019.04

Marek Vasut marex at denx.de
Mon Feb 1 14:01:04 CET 2021

On 2/1/21 1:22 PM, Fabio Estevam wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 9:17 AM Marek Vasut <marex at denx.de> wrote:
>
>> All right, now we are aligned, good. But that ^ should work, right?
>
> Yes, good that we narrowed it down to the u-boot-with-spl.imx format.
>
> Personally, I haven't used the u-boot-with-spl.imx format before, so I
> didn't notice it is broken (at least for mx6sabresd).

Per arch/arm/mach-imx/Makefile , u-boot-with-spl.imx is a concatenation
of SPL and u-boot.uim, which is different than u-boot-dtb.img . The .uim
is plain uImage, the .img is fitImage . I suspect that's where the
problem stems from.

I think
u-boot-with-spl.imx: SPL u-boot.uim FORCE
should really be
u-boot-with-spl.imx: SPL u-boot.img FORCE
under certain (which ?) conditions.

Can you take a look into that ?