imx8mq: phycore-imx8mp

Heiko Schocher hs at denx.de
Thu Feb 25 14:46:11 CET 2021

Hello Peng, Teresa,

I am just trying to get linux-stable 5.10.y kernel with current mainline
U-Boot on the pyhcore imx8mp board up and running, and fail detecting sd
card on usdhc2 in linux.

With U-Boot 2021.01 *same* kernel image/dts detects fine the sd card on
usdhc2. So I have no idea, why kernel is here dependent on U-Boot setup!
Which is also a bug I think ...

@Peng: Now started a small git bisect in U-Boot tree and your commit

cf8842bc29 - arm: dts: imx8mp: sync dts from Linux Kernel

poped up... with the commit before:

374866a724 - imx8m: clock: add type of set_clk_eqos

the phycore imx8mp board boots fine linux kernel and kernel detects
sd card...

Attention: The phytec board support came later into u-boot tree with
commit:

c661c511e9 - board: phytec: imx8mp: Add PHYTEC phyCORE-i.MX8MP support

So the board support patch was pending on the list and not tested with
your patches I think...

Any ideas, what could be the problem?

Thanks!

bye,