Cannot build with SPI_SUNXI

Daniel Maslowski info at orangecms.org
Sat Jun 12 21:16:38 CEST 2021

Hi there,

I am trying to get an OLinuXino-A64 board with a SPI flash to work:

- U-Boot in the SPI flash, with TF-A, SPL and DTB
- Linux in the SPI flash, loaded and run by U-Boot

I can build U-Boot with SPI_SUNXI_SPL just fine. It boots from the
flash, and jumping to regular U-Boot works, too. However, the second
U-Boot no longer recognizes the SPI bus. I figured out that there is a
dedicated option `CONFIG_SPI_SUNXI`. Now when I activate that and try to
build again, the linker is having trouble finding core device driver
functions:

   MKIMAGE u-boot-dtb.img
   COPY    u-boot.bin
   CC      spl/common/spl/spl.o
   CC      spl/lib/display_options.o
   CC      spl/drivers/spi/spi-sunxi.o
   AR      spl/lib/built-in.o
   AR      spl/common/spl/built-in.o
   AR      spl/drivers/spi/built-in.o
   AR      spl/drivers/built-in.o
   LD      spl/u-boot-spl
drivers/spi/spi-sunxi.o: In function `sun4i_spi_set_mode':
/home/bob/build/racklet/olinuxino-a64/u-boot/drivers/spi/spi-sunxi.c:459: undefined
reference to `dev_get_priv'
drivers/spi/spi-sunxi.o: In function `sun4i_spi_set_cs':
/home/bob/build/racklet/olinuxino-a64/u-boot/drivers/spi/spi-sunxi.c:167: undefined
reference to `dev_get_priv'
drivers/spi/spi-sunxi.o: In function `sun4i_spi_release_bus':
/home/bob/build/racklet/olinuxino-a64/u-boot/drivers/spi/spi-sunxi.c:329: undefined
reference to `dev_get_priv'

and so on.

I am using the U-Boot config and patch for SPI flash in DTS and
defconfig in here:
https://github.com/orangecms/arm-cpu/tree/main/olinuxino-a64

I'd be glad to get this to work; any hint is welcome. :)

Thanks and stay safe!
Dan

--

Daniel Maslowski