kirkwood stack size

Holger Brunck holger.brunck at hitachienergy.com
Thu Oct 28 11:37:43 CEST 2021

Hi Stefan, Hi Marek,

> Added Holger, the maintainer of the km_kirkwood boards to Cc...
>
> On 28.10.21 03:28, Marek Behún wrote:
> > On Wed, 27 Oct 2021 16:06:58 -0700
> > Tony Dinh <mibodhi at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Marek,
> >>
> >> In reference to:
> >> https://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2021-October/465221.html
> >>
> >> I have several Kirkwood boards, and currently support these boards in
> >> mainline: Sheevaplug, Zyxel NSA310S, GoFlex Home, Dockstar. I also
> >> have a few out-of-tree Kirkwood u-boots that have not been submitted
> >> for mainline yet.
> >>
> >> I did not see the stack size problem, or any other problem. And I'm
> >> running the 2021.07 version.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Tony
> >
> > Hi Tony,
> >
> > thank you for your reply.
> >
> > I should have mentioned that this concerns only the following
> > defconfigs:
> >    km_kirkwood_128m16_defconfig
> >    km_kirkwood_defconfig
> >    km_kirkwood_pci_defconfig
> > since only these store environment in EEPROM.
>
> Holger, could you perhaps take a look here? Marek is working on some env
> related stuff that might interfere with your Kirkwood boards, e.g.
> the initial stack location.

first answer yes the boards are still maintained and alive. In production for
km_kirkwood our latest branch in use is 2016.10, but we keep it up to date
in case we need to upgrade.

I was not able to compile the latest master due to some problems most
likely related to my outdated host compiler, but I was compiling a version
for this target from the 2021.04 release and gave it a try on my board.
It seems to run without any issues. Also saving and reloading the
environment from eeprom works fine.

Best regards
Holger