RFC: exclude partitions from efi_selftest

Michael Lawnick ml.lawnick at gmx.de
Tue Sep 14 16:56:45 CEST 2021

Hi,

in our environment we get error on efi_selftest if one of several SSD
partitions isn't properly initialized (due to some other error, but
that's a different topic). I tried to track down to where the partitions
get registered for test but got a bit lost so I request advice from you.

Shouldn't be the registering of partitions for self test been made
dependent on successful basic init? I wouldn't qualify a non-initialized
partition as reason to let self test fail. If at all a warning should be
sufficient.
As far as I understand efi self test is intended more as a functional
regression test, not a H/W system test, isn't it?
What about the idea to allow to exclude partitions by environment variable?

KR
Michael