U-BOOT missing Security support

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Sep 15 14:21:21 CEST 2021

Dear Cedrick,

In message <BN6PR17MB1650CCB429571DCA8BD4352DFFDB9 at BN6PR17MB1650.namprd17.prod.outlook.com> you wrote:

> I was attempting to enable CONFIG_CMD_AES and I though it would be
> under security support. Is there any reason why that option would
> not be enabled or available?

Search under "Security commands"...

from "cmd/Kconfig":

1975 menu "Security commands"
1976 config CMD_AES
1977         bool "Enable the 'aes' command"
1978         select AES
1979         help
1980           This provides a means to encrypt and decrypt data using the AES
1981           (Advanced Encryption Standard). This algorithm uses a symetric key
1982           and is widely used as a streaming cipher. Different key lengths are
1983           supported by the algorithm but this command only supports 128 bits
1984           at present.
1985

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A Stanford research group advertised for participants in a  study  of
obsessive-compulsive  disorder. They were looking for therapy clients
who had been diagnosed with this disorder. The  response  was  grati-
fying;  they  got  3,000 responses about three days after the ad came
out. All from the same person.