uboot oob size

Ivan Riabtsov ivriabtsov at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 15:00:18 CEST 2021

addition to the question:

I have a system on an mx28evk chip, I have two types of nand memory,
one with 64 bytes, the other 128 bytes, I am building a buildroot, I
need a universal firmware for both types of memory, I found how to
patch uboot so that it works with both memory types, but buildroot has
an option for u-boot.nand NAND OOB size, which is not recognized by
the bootloader during boot, but is hardcoded in u-boot.nand,

accordingly, if I set u-boot.nand oob size to 128 bytes, then the
system with 64 memory will not boot and vice versa, tell me, is it
possible to somehow create a universal firmware for both types of nand
memory?

the code in uboot/drivers/mtd/nand/nand_base.c recognizes the OOB size
correctly, but mxsboot cant set up OOB size universally, only one OOB
size can be passed to the mxsboot, respectively, the question is how
you can set the environment variable to uboot from a file
uboot/drivers/mtd/nand/nand_base.c?