Radxa rock-pi-3a

Richard Kojedzinszky richard at kojedz.in
Fri Apr 8 09:44:25 CEST 2022

Dear community,

I own a rock-pi-3a board with 8G ram. Right now, radxa's u-boot is
capable of detecting the whole amount during boot. Upstream u-boot shows
1G of dram installed.

I've started with evb-rk3568_defconfig.

What I would like to achieve is that u-boot load grub-efi, to finally
boot the operating system. Howewer, with radxa uboot, and using
grub-efi, the kernel sees 4G only. If I boot the kernel image directly
from radxa u-boot, the whole 8G is visible. I assume that efi is broken
somehow, as I get multiple warnings from kernel regarding EFI firmware.

Reading radxa's u-boot, it seems that it uses ATAGs do detect memory
size. Am I in the right way?

Would it be beneficial to port some of that code to upstream u-boot, or
are there other solutions to detect correct memory size?

Thanks in advance,
Richard