imx8mm eLCDIF clock

Adam Ford aford173 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 13:14:58 CEST 2022

On Thu, Apr 21, 2022 at 5:29 AM Tommaso Merciai
<tommaso.merciai at amarulasolutions.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 21, 2022 at 08:48:05AM +0200, Tommaso Merciai wrote:
>
> + Fabio
> + Tim
> + Michael
> + Marek
> + Adam
>
> > Hi,
> > I'm working on drivers/clk/imx/clk-imx8mm.c to port and bring up eLCDIF
> > clocks. After port all necessary clocks needed by eLCDIF I found that
> > IMX8MM_VIDEO_PLL1 clock is not enabled and need the clk_enable to enable
> > it at the end of the clk-imx8mm probe:
> >
> > struct clk *clkp;
> >
> > clk_get_by_id(IMX8MM_VIDEO_PLL1, &clkp);
> > clk_set_rate(clkp, 594000000UL);
> > clk_enable(clkp);
> >
> > What do you think about this solution?
> > There is a more standard way to do this?
> > I'm missing somethings?

I think the LCD driver should request the clock and clock rate based
on settings the device tree.  However, I think the bigger issues is
that you might run into issues with the lack of a disp-blkctrl driver.
Marek enable the GPC driver fairly recently, but the blkctrl driver
will be needed to enable the LCD and DSI portions or the system may
hang.

adam