root access and u-boot-test-hooks scripts

Michael Nazzareno Trimarchi michael at amarulasolutions.com
Fri Apr 29 15:19:00 CEST 2022

Hi Tom

On Fri, Apr 29, 2022 at 3:04 PM Tom Rini <trini at konsulko.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I'm looking for some feedback and ideas.  Today, in our
> u-boot-test-hooks repository we have 2 cases that use sudo, imx_usb and

I'm not a super expert but is it sufficient to use udev and insert the right
on a group for a particular vendor and product id?

> L4T-based flashing.  Other places that may require root access, such as
> mounting a filesystem instead assume an /etc/fstab entry exists and has
> "user" as one of the attributes.

If you have a docker container --previlege should not be possible to mount
but stay in a different name space?

Michael

--
Michael Nazzareno Trimarchi
Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer
michael at amarulasolutions.com

Amarula Solutions BV
Joop Geesinkweg 125, 1114 AB, Amsterdam, NL
T. +31 (0)85 111 9172
info at amarulasolutions.com
www.amarulasolutions.com