Device Tree Overlays and FIT Images - Are they supported together fully?

Heinrich Schuchardt xypron.glpk at gmx.de
Fri Feb 11 08:54:50 CET 2022

On 2/11/22 08:19, Westermann, Oliver wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Feb 2022 at 10:50, Oliver Westermann <Oliver.Westermann at cognex.com> wrote:
>
>> Hey,
>>
>> Is my doubt reasonable or am I missing a step somewhere?

You can pass the name of a configuration and overlays to apply to the
bootm command. See doc/uImage.FIT/overlay-fdt-boot.txt

Here are examples of usage:

* configs/am65x_hs_evm_a53_defconfig
* include/configs/ti_armv7_common.h

>> I can provide more info (detailed load & boot steps, fit image iminfo) if needed.
>>
>> - Olli
>>

> Hey,
>
> I'm not sure if this is the correct list or my initial information was lacking/incomplete.
> I'm currently looking into adding support for automatic relocation and resizing of the base dtb in the function described above.

Which function?

> Is there some documentation or information about the space that can be expected beyond ${loadaddr} in regular usecases or if there is another common patter for the need of restructuring the boot data?

U-Boot relocates itself to the top of memory. The available memory is
shown by command bdinfo.

Run 'printenv' to see which other memory addresses are defined.

Best regards

Heinrich