CONFIG_SYS_SPL_ARGS_ADDR

Sven Schwermer sven at svenschwermer.de
Sat Jan 1 20:00:45 CET 2022

Hi,

I'm looking into booting Linux FIT images from SPL. In board_init_r
(common/spl/spl.c), the boot argument is set to CONFIG_SYS_SPL_ARGS_ADDR
if defined. When booting a FIT image including a DTB, shouldn't this
automatically be set to fdt_addr (struct spl_image_info)? This would
ensure a single point of truth for the DTB address (load address as
encoded in the FIT image or DTB data start location within the FIT blob
if no load address is defined) instead of having to set
CONFIG_SYS_SPL_ARGS_ADDR to the DTB load address.

I'm not sure whether I'm interpreting this correctly. It would be nice
if somebody could give some advice.

Best regards,
Sven