mkimage_fit_atf.sh: not found

Tim Harvey tharvey at gateworks.com
Tue Jan 4 23:48:02 CET 2022

Stefano and Fabio,

I'm seeing the imx8mm_venice_defconfig target failing to build on
master due to mkimage_fit_atf.sh not found:
./"arch/arm/mach-imx/mkimage_fit_atf.sh" \
arch/arm/dts/imx8mm-venice-gw71xx-0x.dtb
arch/arm/dts/imx8mm-venice-gw72xx-0x.dtb
arch/arm/dts/imx8mm-venice-gw73xx-0x.dtb
arch/arm/dts/imx8mm-venice-gw7901.dtb
arch/arm/dts/imx8mm-venice-gw7902.dtb > u-boot.its
/bin/sh: 1: ./arch/arm/mach-imx/mkimage_fit_atf.sh: not found

As far as I can tell the other boards that are still using
SPL_FIT_GENERATOR also fail due to this (ie imx8mm_beacon_defconfig,
imx8mq_evk_defconfig, imx8mm-icore-mx8mm-edimm2.2_defconfig, etc).

What is the state of the binman conversion? I submitted a series to
convert my boards to binman and it has just been sitting without any
response for months now [1].

I'm not sure when the above breakage occurred but the conversion to
binman resolves it and other things.

Please let me know what you expect me to do to resolve this as there
is a release pending.

Best regards,

Tim
[1] https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/patch/20211006201700.3018-1-tharvey@gateworks.com/