[BUG] sandbox: NO_SDL=1 gcc: error: arch/sandbox/cpu/sdl.o: No such file or directory

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Thu Jan 13 14:41:35 CET 2022

Hi Heinrich,

On Mon, 10 Jan 2022 at 16:22, Heinrich Schuchardt <xypron.glpk at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hello Simon,
>
> compiling with SDL fails on Alpine Linux:
> https://gitlab.alpinelinux.org/alpine/aports/-/issues/13411
>
> So I tried NO_SDL:
>
> make sandbox_defconfig NO_SDL=1
> make menuconfig # CONFIG_ETH_SANDBOX_RAW=n
> make -j4 NO_SDL=1
>
> But I got an error
> gcc: error: arch/sandbox/cpu/sdl.o: No such file or directory

Do you need mrproper first? I don't hit that problem.

I see that I broke it...it needs a static inline for
sandbox_sdl_remove_display().

> Can't we make CONFIG_SANDBOX_SDL a Kconfig symbol to get rid of the
> command line symbol?
>
> We already have CONFIG_SANDBOX_VIDEO_SDL. Do we need two symbols?

You mean, manually change the defconfig file? I suppose we could do
that, but it is harder for people to do.

In any case, we should add this case to CI.

Regards,
Simon