Uboot uefi problem

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 21:25:48 CEST 2023

On Tue, Jul 25, 2023 at 7:55 PM Mr Academia Euforia
<euforiamracademia at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am playing around with qemu arm image of UBoot, and I'm trying to figure
> out how much of UEFI work actually works.
>
> I don't currently have any real arm machine I could use for that, so I
> chose qemu.
> In any case, I have mostly followed the following article:
>
> https://www.linaro.org/blog/enabling-uefi-secure-boot-on-u-boot/
>
> I've successfully gotten to setting up EFI variables, but have been bounced
> off by the error:
>
> Missing TPMv2 device for EFI_TCG_PROTOCOL
> Missing RNG device for EFI_RNG_PROTOCOL
>
> I've glanced through .config and I can see everything TPMv2 and RNG
> enabled, hence it should be included into Uboot image.
>
> Am I missing something ?

I think you need to ensure you provide the virtual HW from qemu, in
the case of the TPM2 you may need to setup swtpm [1]. If you're using
something like libvirt or virtmanager to manage the qemu config
there's options there to configure those automatically.

[1] http://github.com/stefanberger/swtpm