bootefi with initramfs

Song Sam samsong8610 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 04:39:57 CEST 2023

Hi all,

I am currently in the process of booting the Linux kernel using the U-boot
'bootefi' command. However, I am facing an issue with the root file system
(rootfs) disk, which is not functioning properly. As a solution, I am
considering providing an initramfs to the kernel.

The problem I encountered is that the 'bootefi' command does not accept an
argument for the initramfs, unlike the 'bootm' command. Upon further
investigation, I noticed that the kernel attempts to load the initramfs
from the EFI tables. However, I have been unable to find any information on
how to define an initramfs table for EFI.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or guidance regarding this
matter.

Thank you,
Sam Song