[ELDK] en_US locale issue with ELDK 4.0

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Aug 8 22:45:57 CEST 2008

Dear Michel,

in message <4E94A82036BD33479EFDDE6CC050793B0926C5 at BE130.mail.lan> you wrote:

> 1.The issue we currently have with ELDK 4.0 product is, the package
> provided along with glibc package does not include the distribution of
> the english locales en_US directory and other english locale
> directories.
> 3. We did not see this issue while using ELDK4.2 setup, i guess the
> glibc package with ELDK4.2 included all the required locales directory
> distribution.
> DENX recommend to use ELDK4.2 stating ELDK4.0 is obsolete, does that

It is generally a good idea to use  recent  software,  as  there  are
known  problems  in  older versions that often are fixed in the never
ones. Locale support is one of such issues, as you have seen.

> mean that they no more support ELDK4.0 customers further?, as we see
> issues with ELDK4.0 which quite does not show up on ELDK4.2.

Of course we do support _customers_, with any version  of  the  ELDK.
Please  note  that  _customers_ means commercial support - if you are
interested in this, then please submit your request  to  our  support
address  <support at denx.de>.  Here on this mailing list we try to give
free help to the community, but please understand that  our  time  is
limited  and  we  therefor  may  decide  not  to  invest  in on older
versions, especially when the problems  have  been  fixed  in  recent
releases.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
When in doubt, mumble;   when in trouble, delegate;  when in  charge,
ponder.                                             -- James H. Boren