[ELDK] 440EPx EBC access under Linux

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Feb 5 22:50:55 CET 2008

Dear Marco,

in message <b9f662f50802051328i7a22d9cbs2294893c1382e2d1 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> When I attempt to access any register in area 0xC000000 within the context
> of my Linux
> device driver I get a Machine Check fault. I assume that the Linux
> reconfigures the MMU settings that u-boot does.

The short technical reply to your problem is that you probably missed
to ioremap() the CPLD memory in your driver code.

> So where does the TBL initialization takes place under Linux kernel or where
> can I change this?

You are not supposed to change this.

I think you should pull back one or two steps and try to get a better
understanding of driver development for  Linux.  Make  sure  to  read
especially Documentation/IO-mapping.txt in your kernel source tree.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
To be a winner, all you need to give is all you have.