[ELDK] Using ELDK on an old ARM platform

Johan Borkhuis maillist at borkhuis.com
Mon Apr 20 18:19:15 CEST 2009

Hello Detlev,

>> The problem I have is that I cannot run the binaries provided with ELDK
>> 4.2 or that I build with the ELDK 4.2 tools. I can build the kernel
>> (2.6.12) with ELDK 4.2, and this works fine, but only the executables
>> that were provided with the system can be executed with this kernel. But
>> I would like to move to ELDK tools, so I am looking for a way to enable
>> the kernel to run the newer binaries or to get an ELDK version than can
>> create the older binaries.
>>

> With respect to the neccessary efforts, we decided to have only a EABI
> version of ELDK 4.2.  If you want to use a non-EABI kernel, you will
> need to use ELDK 4.1.

OK, thanks. I will move to 4.1 then for the moment.

> In the long run, of course it will be best for you to switch to a more
> recent kernel version and use ELDK 4.2.

Yes, I know. I have been trying to port the 2.6.12 kernel to a more
recent kernel, but I have not been successful in this. The board I am
using is a Armadillo 9 and the supplier only provides a 2.6.12 kernel.
They are working on a more recent kernel however.

Kind regards,
    Johan