[ELDK] How to start application automatically

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Oct 5 16:05:23 CEST 2009

Dear "J.Hwan.Kim",

In message <4AC98D93.3050206 at gmail.com> you wrote:

> I'm using ELDK4.1.
> So, my root file system is base on ELDK4.1
> My root file system is /dev/mtdblock3, jffs2 type.
> I found the root file system was mounted
> well and shell prompt appeared.
>
> Then, I wonder how I can modify root file system files for user
> application start automatically?

Well, someone must have set up this root file system for you - it is
probably best to ask this person for the best way how to best
intergrate your stuff.

In general, depending of the type of init process uses (busybox,
SysV-Init, startup, ...) there are certain (usually well documented -
it may make sense to read the documentation!) scripts where you can
customize the startup sequence.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
He had quite a powerful intellect, but it  was  as  powerful  like  a
locomotive,  and  ran on rails and was therefore almost impossible to
steer.                          - Terry Pratchett, _Lords and Ladies_