[ELDK] dhclient error

jonathan.orditz at selectron.ch jonathan.orditz at selectron.ch
Tue Oct 13 15:04:28 CEST 2009

Hello All,

When I am using "dhclient" in a light modified SELF-Ramdisk I get
following error:
"execve (/sbin/dhclient-script, ...): No such file or directory
socket: Protocol not available - make sure
CONFIG_PACKET (Packet socket) and CONFIG_FILTER
(Socket Filtering) are enabled in your kernel configuration!"

Do someone know what the problem is ?
1. "execve" is not found ? (I did not found an execve, but when I mount
the ELDK-3.1.1 root file system through NFS there is no execve available
at all... I also tried with a dummy execve with no difference...)
2. "/sbin/dhclient-script" is not found ? (I verified and this script is
on the right place)
3. kernel configuration: I verified the configuration and it seem to be OK
4. another problem I do not thought of ????
Is there a solution to solve this problem ?

Many thanks in advance for your help !

Best regards,

Jonathan Orditz
Selectron Systems AG