[ELDK] Newbie with a PPC405EP

Mehran Ziadloo mehran20 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 19 10:27:54 CEST 2009

Hi all,

Before I ask my question, I have to say that I'm all new to ELDK and related stuff.
So now, I was wondering if someone can help me run my "hello world" program on my embedded device! I've got a PPC405EP embedded device with OpenWrt 8.09 installed on it. On the other hand, I've got a x86 pc with an Ubuntu 9.04 as host to develop my software and upload them into my embedded device.
I'm using ELDK 4.2 and compiled my "hello world" program with "ppc_4xx-" and "ppc_4xxFP-" compilers (since I was not sure which one is suitable for me). But when I uploaded both files into my device, I've got the "file not found" error message as I tried to execute them!!
As I looked at ELDK readme file, it says:

ppc_4xx-           -mcpu=403
ppc_4xxFP-      -mcpu=405fp

But since I'm using PPC405EP I'm not sure if any of these is suitable for me!?

Regards,
Mehran