[ELDK] Newbie with a PPC405EP

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Oct 19 12:25:48 CEST 2009

Dear Mehran Ziadloo,

please mind the netiquette and use a line length of no more than 70
characters or so. Thanks.

In message <SNT121-W371B557E4412BC8D85972FD0C10 at phx.gbl> you wrote:

> So now, I was wondering if someone can help me run my "hello world"
> program on my embedded device! I've got a PPC405EP embedded device
> with OpenWrt 8.09 installed on it. On the other hand, I've got a x86

This is the ELDK mailing list. We cannot comment on OpenWrt - there
are other OpenWrt related mailing lists out there where yiu might get
better help for that.

> I'm using ELDK 4.2 and compiled my "hello world" program with
> "ppc_4xx-" and "ppc_4xxFP-" compilers (since I was not sure which one
> is suitable for me). But when I uploaded both files into my device,

Why are you not sure? It is clearly written in the documentation.
Please let me know which part of
http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/ELDKSupportedTargetArchitectures you
did not understand so we can improve that.

> I've got the "file not found" error message as I tried to execute
> them!!

What was the exact command you tried, and in which environment did you
try it? And are you sure that the ELDK linraries you are linking
against are compatible with the OpenWrt ones used inyour target?

> As I looked at ELDK readme file, it says:
>
> ppc_4xx-           -mcpu=403
> ppc_4xxFP-      -mcpu=405fp
>
> But since I'm using PPC405EP I'm not sure if any of these is suitable for me!?

Well, reading the documentation should help.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
SW engineering is a race between programmers trying  to  make  better
idiot-proof programs and the universe producing greater idiots.