[ELDK] File Size limited to 2GB

Jonathan Haws Jonathan.Haws at sdl.usu.edu
Tue Oct 20 22:25:37 CEST 2009

All,

I am writing some code that needs to write files that are larger than
2 GB.  My file system on my disk is EXT2, so I know it supports larger
files than that, however when I hit a 2 GB file size, I get errors
trying to write a file.

I have tried including the flag O_LARGEFILE, however that is not
defined for a 32-bit system.  I checked the system limits with ulimit
-a and it says I have an unlimited file size (in blocks).  I believe
the limit is also inherent in older versions of GLibc, but I am
running 2.6.

Any ideas?  What flag in the kernel am I missing?  Or is it something
in how my drive if formatted?  Any kind of help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jonathan