[ELDK] Newbie with a PPC405EP

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Oct 23 20:22:32 CEST 2009

Dear Mehran Ziadloo,

In message <SNT121-W61637AADEA2006ADA79CC1D0BD0 at phx.gbl> you wrote:

> Ragarding my problem with compiling a sample program with ELDK to be
> executed in OpenWrt=2C I managed to compile my sample program with
> "ppc-2007-01-21-uclibc.iso" since you told me that OpenWrt uses uClibc
> instead of glibc. Yet I can not run it! Could you please help me
> through?

I told you before that mixing two different environments is just
calling for trouble. It may sound harsh, but you just get what you
asked for.

> I guess this time there's incompatibility between the uClibcs' versions.

This is indeed most probably the reason.

> Could you please tell me how can I check the uClibc library version of

For ELDK, run something like

-> ls -l /opt/eldk/arm/lib/libuClibc*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 309984 Jan 22  2007 /opt/eldk/arm/lib/libuClibc-0.9.27.so

which will tell you that ELDK 4.1 uses uClibc-0.9.27.

Do similar in your OpenWrt envrionment.

> ELDK and OpenWrt? Do you think if I try compiling the 4.2 of ELDK with
> uClibc support, would it work?

There is no uClibc support in ELDK 4.2. We dropped it, as there was
basicly zero demand for it, and it makes really little sense
technically in most real-life applications.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"You ain't experienced..." "Well, nor are you." "That's true. But the
point is ... the point is ... the point is we've been not experienced
for a lot longer than you. We've got  a  lot  of  experience  of  not
having any experience."           - Terry Pratchett, _Witches Abroad_