[ELDK] udbg and early debug support for MPC5200

Chris Alfred c.alfred at internode.on.net
Fri Oct 30 13:40:34 CET 2009

We have built a custom MPC5200B board similar to the Lite5200b. u-boot
works fine, but we do not get any serial output when we transfer to
the linux kernel.

We invoke the kernel with console=ttyPSC0,115200

So I tried setting up early debug based on:
http://www.mail-archive.com/linuxppc-dev@lists.ozlabs.org/msg22667.html

Unfortunately, this will not compile with the latest denx kernel git -
ioremap_bat and most of the of_ functions in mpc52xx_udbg_init are
unresolved.

Has anyone got a patch that works with the latest kernel git?

Argh! It's frustrating that the kernel structure keeps changing.

Chris