[ELDK] Kernel access of bad area

Luigi Rizzi rizzi at algorab.com
Thu Sep 9 18:14:19 CEST 2010

Hello,

on my system I'm using a TQM885D module with U-boot 1.3.0-rc2 and Linux 2.4.25 (DENX ELDK 3.1.1).
I connected to  this module an external SRAM (actually a dual port SRAM that act as interface with another system...) and than I configured in U-boot the chip select for this memory. I mapped the Memory starting from 0x80000000.

When I try to access this memory everything seem to works fine till address 0x8000FFFF.
Above this address kernel displays this error:

Oops: Kernel access of bad area, Sig: 11

Please, could you give me some suggestions?

Best Regards,

Luigi