[ELDK] cramfs issue for hotplugged devices

Batsayan Das batsayan.das at tcs.com
Wed Sep 29 10:02:28 CEST 2010

Say the normal root file system has a file /etc/udhcpc.conf, and I decided
to put this file in writable tmpfs directory.

To make a "udhcpc.conf -> /tmpfs/udhcpc.conf"  did the following in the
root file system

cd etc
mv udhcpc.conf   temp_udhcpc.conf
ln -s  /tmpfs/udhcpc.conf    udhcpc.con

AND
in the "rcS" file added the following

/bin/mount -t tmpfs -o size=2M tmpfs /tmpfs
cp /etc/temp_udhcpc.conf /tmpfs/udhcpc.conf

I can't find other way without creating temp_udhcpc.conf  file in etc
directory.

Is this the above process is correct for any other file I chose to put it
in tmpfs?

Regards,
Batsayan Das
Tata Consultancy Services