[ELDK] Using FTDI USB serial converter with ELDK

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Wed Sep 29 11:18:07 CEST 2010

Hi Alberto,

> But in the meantime, and in case it would be more advisable to use provided
> kernel, why I am not able to have the USB serial device? Since I have the
> vendor and product ID after connecting the cable to my laptop, it is not any
> other way to configure the USB serial converter?

We told you how to get there most easily.  Of course nobody prevents you
from creating the device file by hand in the dev directory.  Try a

# mknod /dev/ttyUSB0 c 188 0

and test whether you can talk with it.  The major and minor number
_should_ be right, but in the end you have to check the driver source
and/or /proc/devices.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
A stated design goal of Motif was to give the X Window System the
window management capabilities of HP's circa-1988 window manager and