[ELDK] global variables

TIM Huang tim.huang001 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 16:03:17 CEST 2011

Dear Pals,
Good evening!

I have one question to consult:
my uboot is configured for MPC8xx board.   I defined a global variable and
initialize 0 ,such as "unsigned char g_debug = 0;" ,
but I found this global variable is in data section, not in bss section. I
was surprised at this problem , as I known if global variables
is initialized, it would be put in data section, and in bss section if not
initialized. but here it's not. I don't know why? could anyone help
me find the root cause?   whether it is from compiler bug or from other
optimizing options of compiler?

Thanks a lot!!!

Tim
08/22,2011