[ELDK] Problem in porting linux on VCE405 powerpc board using ELDK-4.2 development environment

ext.rajive.gupta at us.transport.bombardier.com ext.rajive.gupta at us.transport.bombardier.com
Wed Jun 22 16:55:11 CEST 2011

Hi Wolfgang,

Thanks for quick response , I fixed the kernel bootargs with comma(,) ,
but result is still the same. It just stop at the same place. Can you
please suggest some other part where I can dig around to fix this problem.
Just for information Kontron doesn't support linux on this boards.

Thanks

Rajive

Please consider the environment before you print / Antes de imprimir,
piense en el medio ambiente

Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de>
06/22/2011 09:50 AM

Rajive Gupta/US/External/BombardierTransport at Transport
cc
eldk at lists.denx.de
Subject
Re: [ELDK] Problem in porting linux on VCE405 powerpc board using ELDK-4.2
development environment

Dear ext.rajive.gupta at us.transport.bombardier.com,

In message
<OFBFBBEA6F.65C4E816-ON852578B7.0046939C-852578B7.004723C7 at amer.bombardier.com>
you wrote:

> I am trying to boot Kontron VCE405 PowerPC board using the ELDK-4.2
> development kit  My board configuration is

It appears this question has actually nothing to do with the ELDK.
You should ask such questions on a general Linux help oriented mailing
list, or eventually even contact Kontron technical support.

> [    0.000000] Kernel command line: console=ttyS1.9600
----------------------------------------------^^^^^^^^^^

Please see Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt for the correct format
of this entry:

                 ttyS<n>[,options]

i. e. use a comma (',') instead of a dot ('.').

> [  380.469505] i2c /dev entries driver
> [  380.513753] TCP cubic registered
> [  380.551450] NET: Registered protocol family 17
> [  380.604523] turn off boot console udbg0

If the boot log stops with such a message, you should always ask
yourself if the normal console might not be working for some reason.

> I am enclosing my bootargs, device tree , VCE405.c files   Can you
please

Please don't do that.  Include such files only when somebody asks for
them. Otherwise it's just a waste of bandwidth.

> let me know, what might be the problem?

Incorrect boot arguments to the Linux kernel.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
In C we had to code our own bugs, in C++ we can inherit them.

This e-mail communication (and any attachment/s) may contain confidential
or privileged information and is intended only for the individual(s) or
entity named above and to others who have been specifically authorized to
receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read,
copy, use or disclose the contents of this communication to others. Please
notify the sender that you have received this e-mail in error by reply
e-mail, and delete the e-mail subsequently. Please note that in order to
protect the security of our information systems an AntiSPAM solution is in
use and will browse through incoming emails.
Thank you.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ce message (ainsi que le(s) fichier(s)), transmis par courriel, peut
contenir des renseignements confidentiels ou protégés et est destiné à
l?usage exclusif du destinataire ci-dessus. Toute autre personne est, par
les présentes, avisée qu?il est strictement interdit de le diffuser, le
distribuer ou le reproduire. Si vous l?avez reçu par inadvertance,
veuillez nous en aviser et détruire ce message. Veuillez prendre note
qu'une solution antipollupostage (AntiSPAM) est utilisée afin d'assurer la
sécurité de nos systèmes d'information et qu'elle furètera les courriels
entrants.
Merci.