[ELDK] Problem in porting linux on VCE405 powerpc board using ELDK-4.2 development environment

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jun 22 17:50:28 CEST 2011

Dear ext.rajive.gupta at us.transport.bombardier.com,

In message <OFC0C11323.2A5CD1EF-ON852578B7.0051883A-852578B7.00521176 at amer.bombardier.com> you wrote:

> Thanks for quick response , I fixed the kernel bootargs with comma(,) ,
> but result is still the same. It just stop at the same place. Can you
> please suggest some other part where I can dig around to fix this problem.

Are you sure that ttyS1 is the correct console port?

The normal approach to such problems is to attach a BDI3000 and start
gdb for a debug session.

As a quick test, you can check if ther eis additional information in
the log buffer - either again using the BDI, or using a post-mortem
dump in U-Boot (see the FAQ).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A morsel of genuine history is a  thing  so  rare  as  to  be  always
valuable.                                          - Thomas Jefferson