[ELDK] Ubuntu 12.04 and ELDK 4.1

Franz Fuchshuber franz.fuchshuber at gmx.net
Fri May 4 16:03:10 CEST 2012

Hi,

maybe someone out there has the same problem.

Unfortunatelly eldk 4.1 doesn't work with ubuntu 12.04.
I cannot compile even a simple "hello world". On ubuntu 11.10 the same
eldk installation just works fine.

I have tested with ubuntu 12.04 in a virtual machine and I have seen the
same error messages on a colleagues fresh installation of the new ubuntu.

My compilation call is:
 >>$  arm-linux-gcc hello_world.c

and i get this error message:

 >>hello_world.c:1:19: error: stdio.h: No such file or directory
 >>hello_world.c: In function 'main':
 >>hello_world.c:5: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of
built-in function 'printf'

My colleague assumes that there are incompatibilities with newer C
libraries on the ubuntu 12.04 host.
When there is a workaround could you just tell me.

Greetings,
Franz