[ELDK] udev/coldplug with eldk 5.2

Schneider, Kolja Kolja.Schneider at men.de
Wed May 23 17:18:58 CEST 2012

Hi folks,

I have this issue that is also mentioned in the FAQ[1]: Missing Device Files for Cold Plugged Devices.

However, no /etc/dev.tar is present on my system. I am trying this on a Freescale P1022 -based board loaded with a
Usb drive, a SATA disk and a µSD memory card. I am using ELDK 5.2 with the lsb-sdk and the sato-sdk root file systems.
I can create the device files using mknod just fine, hotplugging works for USB (not SATA or µSD), none of them
automatically show up after startup. Any idea what's wrong?

Moreover, is there a reason why fsck.ext[234] is not included in any of the larger root file systems? Should I be using
a different approach for creating disc-based root file systems?

[1]: http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/ELDK-5/FrequentlyAskedQuestionsAndAnswers#Missing_Device_Files_for_Cold_Pl

Thank you,
Kolja

Kolja Schneider, Software Design
MEN Mikro Elektronik GmbH
Neuwieder Straße 3-7
90411 Nürnberg, Germany
Phone +49-911-99 33 5-251
Fax +49-911-99 33 5-910
Kolja.Schneider at men.de
www.men.de
MEN Mikro Elektronik GmbH - Manfred Schmitz (CTO), Udo Fuchs (CFO) - Handelsregister/Trade Register AG Nürnberg HRB 5540