[ELDK] eldk-5 cross ldd

Norbert Bukuli norbert.bukuli at mediso.hu
Wed Sep 12 15:01:07 CEST 2012

Hi,

Sorry for the foolish question. I have found in the ELDK-5 FAQ, that I
have to use the opkg-cl tool to install the appropriate package,
ldd-nativesdk in this case.

There is a hint in the FAQ:
sudo $(type -p opkg-cl) -o /opt/eldk-5.1/armv5te/rootfs-qte-sdk install
/tmp/*.ipk

With this, the opkg-cl did not work for me. I have to append the
following option:
-A /opt/eldk-<eldk
version>/<TARGET>/sysroots/<HOST>-eldk-linux/etc/opkg-sdk.conf
However the installed ldd file came to here:
/opt/eldk-<eldk
version>/<TARGET>/sysroots/<HOST>-eldk-linux/opt/eldk-<eldk
version>/<TARGET>/sysroots/<HOST>-eldk-linux/usr/bin/ldd

(That's not a mistake, the /opt/eldk-<eldk
version>/<TARGET>/sysroots/<HOST>-eldk-linux/ appeared twice.)

Is there another option to opkg-cl to fix this behavior?

Thank you in advance.

On 2012-09-12 11:00, Norbert Bukuli wrote:
> Hi,
>
> First of all, I am new to the ELDK so I will have some newbie questions.
>
> After some tries with the pre-built ELDK-5 images, I have built the gmae
> toolchain and the minimal image for x86_64 host and powerpc target.
>
> I have built custom kernel and initramfs with this toolchain. During
> this process I missed the powerpc-linux-ldd tool for the host system. I
> went back to the pre-built images, but I cannot find ldd for the host
> system neither in the gmae nor in the qte toolchain.
>
> What do I wrong?
>
> Thank you the answers in advance.

Norbert Bukuli