New 'labman' tool

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Apr 22 13:35:08 CEST 2020

Dear Stefano,

In message <21d8f626-65f0-e138-fdd9-da8efd502c70 at denx.de> you wrote:

> > I am actually a big fan of ser2net.
>
> Me too - remoting serial connection is what we usually need, and before
> we needed expensive terminal servers.

Yes, ser2net does it's job for small "desktop" setups, but it cannot
beat a terminal server in a larger lab.

ser2net would be nice if 1) it would provide ssh instead of telnet
connections, and 2) allow to map boards to names instead of port
numbers.

In any case, it does not scale for any larger lab; assume you would
want to replace the terminal servers in our Gröbenzell lab by
ser2net - there are more than 110 boards there...

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Ever try. Ever fail. No matter. Try again. Fail again.  Fail  better.
                                                        -- S. Beckett