[U-Boot] LXT971 Ethernet problem

tomydevasia tomy at kalkitech.in
Tue Dec 2 14:43:07 CET 2008

Hi,
        I am currently working on AT91SAM9260 based board. In this board we
are using LXT971A as PHY. We are using u-boot version 1.1.5. We have
connected one Ethernet cross-over cable between the board and my PC. After
rebooting we are observing the following

1) In U-boot, auto negotiation is happening with the PC. So I tried to ping
the PC from U-boot.
2) While pinging from the board, the request is not coming to the
Computer(We checked up with Ethernet sniffers like Ethereal).
3) In the board after ping request it will wait for the reply from the other
side, it is receiving packets from my Computer (broad cast messages from the
PC). So our conclusion is that, the Ethernet packets from the board is not
reaching up to the Computer but packets from the Computer is  receiving
there inside the board.
So is there any thing to do with the LXT registers or LXT Ethernet driver ?
. So I request you to give us a work around to solve this issue.

I have uploaded the driver files for LXT971A using in U-boot.
http://www.nabble.com/file/p20792430/lxt971.c lxt971.c
http://www.nabble.com/file/p20792430/lxt971.h lxt971.h

--
With Regards