[U-Boot] Increase command line size

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Dec 9 17:50:42 CET 2008

Dear Paulo,

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.

Q: Why is it such a bad thing?

A: Top-posting.

And you not only top-post, you also full-quote. And you post HTML,
even though this is strictly forbidden on this list.

You are ignoring Netiquette more or less completely, are you aware of
this?

I think you should read
really carefully.

In message <53934def0812090823k224ba848kcc29f367e4026944 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I got a board that uses u-boot to load the system. The u-boot is installed
> and already working. Now I want to configure u-boot to load another rootfs
> through nfs. The original bootargs variable has less than 255 characters but
> with the new configuration the variable will be more than that. I just want
> to know if it's just a configuration that I have to setup or I have the
> recompile u-boot...

There is no inherent limit on the length of an environment variable.
It can grow as long as you have memory for it.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"There is nothing new under the sun, but there are lots of old things
we don't know yet."                                  - Ambrose Bierce